Implant-retained removable dentures are an ideal restoration option for those who wish to remove their dentures in order to clean them. They are sometimes a preferable option over fixed bridges if your face has a sunken appearance from years of missing teeth. The dentures will offer more lip support than traditional bridges and instantly make you look younger!
Implant-supported dentures are also a great option for conventional denture wearers who have a gag reflex; if you have 6 upper implants we can trim the palate so it is more comfortable. We can also easily add 2-4 implants to lower dentures in order to make them feel more secure for eating and speaking.
What is the process for implant-supported dentures?
- We place 2-4 implants on the lower jaw and 4-6 implants on the upper jaw. They heal underneath the gums for about 4 months. During this time you will wear your existing denture or a denture that we made for you.
- The implants are uncovered and ball abutments are added on top of the implants. We then make a new denture or reline your existing denture to include gaskets that snap onto the ball abutments.
How is an implant-retained removable denture made?
An implant-retained removable denture is made with ball attachments on the underside that snap onto the gaskets in the denture, preventing any rocking or sliding. The gaskets can easily be replaced over time as they loosen, and a new denture itself can be made at minimal cost when the old one shows wear.
What are the benefits of implant-removable dentures?
Those with implant-retained removable dentures experience a handful of benefits, including:
- The ease of an inexpensive replacement
- The ability to remove and thoroughly clean the denture
- Increased longevity for those who may grind or clench their jaw
- Replacement of lost lip support – an instant facelift!
How much do implant-retained removable dentures cost?
Implant-retained dentures start at $4,000 for lower dentures and $8,000 for upper dentures.
For current denture wearers who are tired of using adhesive, but otherwise happy with their dentures, we can offer to add two implants for $2,999.